Navigation

instagram

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Toothache = hell.

I am 24 years old and the last time I remember visiting the dentist I was still a bit of a wee lad. I had health and dental insurance when I was 16-18 because I worked at VONS back then, but after that I had zero coverage for anything.

Every time I get sick I just sleep it off. I have had a couple of toothaches in the past, but I just ignored them with good 'ol Tylenol. But now, I have suffered because of my ignorance. A couple years back I was out drinking with some friends and when I was chewing some gum I noticed something hard when I was chewing. It ended up being a large piece of my tooth that had been broken and finally loosened itself off my gums. Drunk at the time, I felt nothing. The next morning, however, I felt a terrible pain in my mouth that is indescribable. Seriously, when you look online about people having a broken tooth due to lack of care, the only way to get the pain to feel a little dull is by essentially banging your head against the wall. It is horrible. Back then I worked for Borders Books and made decent money, but I was stupid and just let it be.

Round two happened earlier last year when a piece of that same tooth fell out. Hurt for a while, but not nearly as bad as the initial break. And earlier this year another tooth started to chip. A little while ago a larger piece fell off and now it feels like there is a knife in my tooth just digging into my gums. It doesn't really matter what I am doing - it will hurt for no reason except for the fact that it's infected.

I went to the dentist on Thursday and got a prescription of Amoxicillan for the infection, and Ibuprofen for the occasional pain. To be blunt, that ibuprofen doesn't do anything. I don't know if my body has made an effort to curb the effects of that shit, but I don't feel any less pain than before.

I will be getting the tooth removed on Tuesday morning. After that, I will get the other broken tooth, that doesn't really bother as much, removed later on. This will be followed by occasional visits to the DDS to get some fillings and cleanings so that none of this shit happens again.

Remember people: TAKE CARE OF YOUR TEETH.

This is pretty much a huge fail on my part.

flavor junction

No comments:

Post a Comment