Navigation

instagram

Monday, February 27, 2012

My beautiful girlfriend had decided to get me a Photojojo Telephoto Lens kit for my iPhone for Christmas. However, they only have the iPhone 4 case kit available so, although I was excited to have it, I could not get the iPhone 4 case to work with my 'ol 3GS. I later returned it and received store credit to purchase something that would work with my phone.

So this is what I got.



Yes. I know the picture doesn't do it much justice, but it is one of the best things I have ever purchsed for a phone. The iPhone macro/wide angle lens is available for purchase on Photojojo.com's online site. The price is $20 plus S&H, but it is a really cool accessory to ANY camera phone.

If you don't already know, the lens adheres with a metal, magnetic ring that affixes itself to the phone (if you have an iPhone of any generation it will work and you can also use it on a variety of other camera phones as well) and the magnet located on the lens itself sticks to the ring on the camera.

Included with the macro/wide angle set is the lens, a keychain/lens holder, and now they have also added a ring that will affix to iPhone 4/4S without blocking the led flash.

I was tired last night and had to sleep early, but from messing around with the lens it has to be one of the best upgrades I have purchased for my phone. That is, besides the Otterbox Defender case I had purchased a while back.

For $20 you essentially get two lenses. The one downfall to using the wide angle is that the iPhone's camera is too shallow/wide angle lens is too long and when using it you get a partial vignette effect in the bottom right hand corner. IMO, that is fine with me. I usually add a vignette to most shots with my iPhone through Camera+'s app. If you don't like it, you can just crop it out and all will be dandy :)

I know that this lens has been out for a while, but I just got it. $20 for the wide angle/macro lens. $49 for all three (macro/wide angle, fisheye, and telephoto) makes it a great deal for someone who loves shooting with their iPhone's camera. A definite must have for those with the new 4S.

Thanks for dropping by and make sure you follow me on Twitter and follow this blog for future updates! I will give a full layman's review later on today.

flavor junction



Edit: after using the lens, the one downfall for me is the ring that attaches to the phone. If you do not have a case that it can attach to I would recommend one that does. It does not fit on my Otterbox so I am currently using my phone without a case. If you purchase this, you can also order a few additional rings for $3 from the Photojojo team.

Here is a pic that I took with the macro lens and without earlier today.



And here are some pics comparing the size of the lens. I usually edit my photos using Camera+, but I decided not to.


No comments:

Post a Comment